Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Second Generation
Second Generation

That girl. [Tag Ariel]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Megara
Admin
Megara

That girl. [Tag Ariel] Empty
PostSubject: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 19th 2013, 3:23 am

Megara slid her hands into the front pocket of the odd garment one of the boys at school had given her -- they called it a hoodie. That was apparantly due to the thing on the back that covered your head being called a hood. Would have been useful in Olympia during the winter. But, it was raining now in this realm, the tall buildings scraping the cloudy sky. She stood underneath the canopy outside of a small store -- one that sold 'vintage' items, apparently. With one last breath from the cigarette she'd been given by that Melissa girl from school, she found her gaze on a vase within the store. She put the cigarette out on the ground and pushed the front door of the store open.

The place smelled old like dust. But, she didn't mind. She was used to the old smell, seeing as it was in the temples all over Olympia. The vase that had caught her attention reminded her of home -- it had the Greek symbol for Zeus on it; a lightning bolt. She smiled slightly and traced her finger over the marking. "Hey, you!" She called over, seeing a red-headed girl. Did that girl go to her school? She looked familiar, but maybe that was just because of her hair. "Is this thing real?" she questioned, tilting her head and eyeing the vase.
Back to top Go down
Ariel

Ariel

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 20th 2013, 12:20 am

As soon as Ariel had gotten into the small shop, she had been put to work putting out some new inventory the store had obtained. Some of the things she carried out to the front looked familiar, from her old collection, but there were some objects that she had never seen before. She was dusting off some knick-knacks on a table in the corner when she heard someone enter the store. She looked over with a bright smile at the young woman who entered, a young woman who looked familiar. 'Perhaps she goes to the school with me?' Ariel thought as she tilted her head to the side, a quizzical expression on her face. "Hm?" She then blinked in response to the other girl's slight brashness, but then smiled over brightly as she stopped her dusting and walked over to the brunette holding the vase. "I believe so," she answered cheerily, looking down at the vase and then up at the young girl.
Back to top Go down
Megara
Admin
Megara

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 20th 2013, 1:07 am

Megara nodded, not needing anything else from the girl. However, she noted the girl was still standing there. She pursed her lips and cleared her throat a bit, looking between the vase and the girl. "Er... Can I help you?" She questioned, arching a brow towards the girl. "You go to that damned institution that tries to cram false histories into our heads? I think they're called schools?" She mumbled, tilting her head to the side. "I noticed you before, I think. Your uh, hair kind of stands out," she smirked a bit.
Back to top Go down
Ariel

Ariel

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 20th 2013, 11:28 pm

Ariel smiled cheerily over at the girl as she nodded, watching as the brunette examined the vase for a few more seconds. She met the stranger's gaze, her eyes filled with innocent surprise, when she spoke again, her bright smile quickly returning to her face and a soft giggle escaping her throat. "That's what I was going to ask," she said through her giggles. Ariel perked up even more when the other girl mentioned the school, her expression filling with excitement. "Yes! I go to school. It's very different from the schools I have known! It's really amazing," she exclaimed in a rush. Ariel then slapped her hand over mouth when she finally heard herself, and chuckled lowly as she looked down at her feet, blushing lightly as she fidgited with her hands and hid her face behind her hair. "I'm sorry. Sometimes I just go on and on when something excites me," she explained as she shyly pushed her hair back behind her ear, pausing as she smiled a bit amusingly at it at the brunette's last thought, and then hesitantly turned her gaze back up to the other young woman, a sheepish smile on her lips as she continued to play with her fingers nervously.
Back to top Go down
Megara
Admin
Megara

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 21st 2013, 1:33 am

Megara's eye twitched slightly as the red-head droned on about the hell of an institution they were forced to go to -- especially as the girl seemed to think it was...fun. "Excites you?" She scoffed, shaking her head. She eyed the girl and idly noted she was good looking. Well, more than just good looking. But, she was so... happy. "So, you work here...? Why would you go to school, and work?" She said, scrunching up her nose.
Back to top Go down
Ariel

Ariel

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 21st 2013, 4:11 am

Ariel tilted her head as she watched the other woman with confused eyes, still with a friendly smile on her face. So this girl did not feel the same as Ariel did going to the school? 'She probably wasn't a mermaid before,' Ariel thought sassily. Ariel was finding everything about being on land fascinating, including just having legs. But this girl clearly was not as amazed by this world, and although Ariel didn't understand, she wasn't going to press about it. She bit her bottom lip to keep from asking anything, smiling sheepishly as she held her hands behind her back-interlacing her fingers, and crossing her legs as she stood there. "Well I was told that, being 16, I have to go to school," she started to answer matter-of-factly, pushing back her hair behind her ear again and shrugging slightly. "And this shop-I came in one day, and I was just fascinated by all the things it has, and then one thing led to another and soon I was working here," she explained enthusiastically, straightening up as she spoke, energetically motioning with her hands and smiling exuberantly.
Back to top Go down
Megara
Admin
Megara

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 22nd 2013, 12:53 am

Megara tilted her head and narrowed her eyes slightly. "Stop talking," she said, holding up her hand to halt the girl. "You're sixteen... and you just got put into school?" she questioned, arching a brow upon her forehead. "Kids start school when they're five or six... Why would you have started at sixteen?" She mused, crossing her arms over her chest.
Back to top Go down
Ariel

Ariel

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 24th 2013, 3:39 am

Ariel gazed in shock at the brunette as she was shushed, her eyes remaining widened as the red head listened to the other woman. Ariel then dropped her gaze down to her hands as she played with her fingers nervously when the brunette began to question her, chewing on her bottom lip and shifting on her feet as well. She couldn't just tell this stranger that she hasn't always been human-that she used to have fins and live underwater. Could she? No, she couldn't. Ariel argued it over in her head several times before she finally decided what she would do. "I-I haven't always lived in a place where there were schools," she admitted shyly, avoiding the other girl's eyes until the very end when she peaked up at her through her hair that had fallen over her shoulders and into her face, a shy crooked smile on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Megara
Admin
Megara

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 24th 2013, 7:07 pm

Megara arched a brow, obviously not buying it from the girl. Meg had learned to know when someone was lying. "Oh? And where did you come from that didn't have schools? I'm pretty sure everywhere has schools," she pointed out. "Just tell me the truth. I have a feeling I know where you're from... You look like a girl from a book I read before," She mumbled, nodding her head slightly.
Back to top Go down
Ariel

Ariel

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 27th 2013, 12:17 am

Ariel's face was just about completely by her long red hair as she stared down at her feet, whilst she nervously played with the ends of it and chewed anxiously on her bottom lip. She then hesitantly brought her gaze up to look up at the brunette woman's face through her lashes, as she once again contemplated what she should do next. How could this woman know where she was from? And what did she mean Ariel 'looked like a girl from a book she had read before?' Ariel was very confused, and her face showed that confusion, as well as a bit of the fear and nervousness she felt. It felt like she had hundreds of butterflies fluttering in her stomach, and like her heart was beating hurriedly in her throat. Ariel then cleared her throat quietly, looking down at the ground briefly, before she looked back up at the other woman with a small forced smile. "Well, I come from a kingdom. It's....Very faraway," she explained, a hint of anxiousness in her voice, broadening her nervous smile, while still chewing on her lip and playing with her hair, and looking at the brunette woman's face-but not into her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Megara
Admin
Megara

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyJanuary 27th 2013, 2:33 pm

Meg smiled slightly, her eyes lighting up with a hope that she had actually met someone else who could be from her realm. "A kingdom, huh? I came from Olympia," she smiled a bit. "You know? The Greek town where the Gods are from? That's where I come from," she smiled almost proudly. "What was the name of your home, Ariel?" she asked, looking towards the name tag on the girls chest, then back up to the redheads eyes.
Back to top Go down
Ariel

Ariel

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyFebruary 3rd 2013, 9:49 pm

Ariel tilted her head in synchronicity with the other young woman, chewing on her bottom lip nervously, and still twirling her hair around her fingers. As she listened to the brunette, Ariel watched the girl with intent, slightly confused eyes, her brow furrowing as she tried to remember if she had heard of this Olympia before. It did sound familiar, like from an old story or something, but the memory was still hazy. Ariel probably wasn't really paying attention, and she probably got in trouble afterwards. "It sounds familiar..." she answered the other girl shyly.

Then as the brunette turned the topic back around to Ariel, the red head's eyes widened slightly, before she looked down at her hands, playing with her fingers anxiously as she nit her lip. It was her father's first rule that humans were not to know about merpeople. He always said that if they found out about merpeople, they would all be captured, and many killed. But still....This girl seemed nice enough, and she was telling Ariel about herself, maybe her father was wrong. Maybe not all humans were like that. "Atlantica," Ariel finally answered, her voice quiet and resolved, peering up shyly at the brunette through her hair. She hoped she was making a mistake here.
Back to top Go down
Megara
Admin
Megara

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyFebruary 3rd 2013, 10:01 pm

Megara grinned. "Mermaid," she whispered, her eyes lighting up. "I didn't now they really existed," she mused, tilting her head to the side. "Weird... But, cool," She laughed slightly. "Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me, she winked, reaching over and ruffling the girls hair. "Can I have this, though? I like it," she murmured, tracing her finger over the sculpted side.
Back to top Go down
Ariel

Ariel

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyFebruary 3rd 2013, 10:45 pm

Ariel's eyes slowly brightened and a grin began to spread across her face watching the other girl's reaction, feeling so relieved that she didn't think Ariel was weird or anything, and then she didn't try to capture her. Ariel giggled softly as the other girl laughed, feeling much lighter now that it was all out. "Yes. We are real," she informed her gently, biting her lip as she worked to hold back on her exuberant grin, looking down slightly and then back at the other girl, and still giggling a bit. "And thanks. For promising to keep it a secret," she added shyly, a small, genuine smile now on her lips, holding her hands in front of her, poised, whilst twisting her fingers anxiously. Ariel then straightened up and perked up more as the brunette girl brought her back to her job. "Oh, of course. Is that all you want?" she asked cheerily.
Back to top Go down
Megara
Admin
Megara

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyFebruary 3rd 2013, 10:55 pm

Megara nodded, smiling a bit. "Yeah. How much?" she asked, lifting up the vase and looking it over, trying to find a price on it. She chewed her bottom lip, trying to think of what to do about this girl. They were from the same realms. Or at least, not from this realm. At least she had someone.
Back to top Go down
Ariel

Ariel

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] EmptyFebruary 4th 2013, 12:23 am

Ariel gave the brunette a small nod as she continued to smile happily to her, gently reaching over and taking the vase from the girl when she asked about the price. "Hm....Let's see...." Ariel said thoughtfully as she looked at the vase, and then at the table where it had been placed curiously. "Ah-ha!" she then exclaimed triumphantly, pointing at a sign on the table. "It's $30," she said cheerfully as she looked back up at the other girl, wrapping her arms around the vase as she held it against her chest. She then looked down to the ground, still smiling cheerily, and turned to walk back to the register, setting the vase beside her as she rang the other girl up, and then turning her gaze and smile up to the brunette when she was done. "Would you like it wrapped up as well?" she asked brightly, hands folded on the counter behind the register patiently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That girl. [Tag Ariel]   That girl. [Tag Ariel] Empty

Back to top Go down

That girl. [Tag Ariel]
Page 1 of 1